Thursday, January 13, 2022

Blog Journal #1

 Introduction 

Hi Guys! My name is Lexie Mitchell! I am a Freshman at Florida State University since the Fall of 2021. I am currently majoring in Elementary Education with the hopes of becoming an Elementary school teacher in the state of Florida. However, I also love to travel so I hope to pursue a career as a DODEA teacher overseas for military families. I myself come from a military family. Both of my parents served in the Air Force until I graduated high school. Because of my background and experience growing up in a military community I understand how crucial and impactful teachers are for these children. I consider Pensacola, Florida my hometown, however I only moved there senior year of high school! Before moving to Florida, I lived in many other parts of the world. I spent 7 years living overseas in Okinawa, Japan! 

I took EME 2040 as a required course for my major. However, as an Education major, technology is not always the first thought when I think about skills needed for my career. But in reality, technology is a huge part of our everyday lives and especially my future career. For school, I use Google and Microsoft applications to assist in my learning and work such as Google Docs, Slides, PowerPoint, Excel, etc. I am also familiar with using zoom for virtual meetings and class. Canvas is also a huge part of my technology use as a Florida State student. 

To support my learning, I try to take advantage of the opportunities and resources provided by Florida State University. I attend zoom or in person office hours from my teachers to receive assistance and guidance in my classes and with my career goals. In my first semester, I took a Introduction to Education course where I was able to meet and work alongside people in my major for the first time. These interactions were very helpful to navigate my new learning environment at Florida State. I frequently use online sites to support my learning such as Canvas, Google apps, Quizlet, etc. 

Have a great day! 

3 comments:

  1. Hi Lexi! I love elementary education so I think that it is so cool that you are pursuing that! Living in a military family is very difficult I'm sure, so I definitely applaud you for that. I think that your desired job position is so cool, and something that I think will make a huge difference. It's so cool that you spent so many years living in Japan. I attend office hours as well, I think they help a lot. I also use canvas a lot as I'm sure many students do. I enjoyed reading what you had to say!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Lexi!

    I really enjoyed reading your blog post and getting to know about you! I think it is so cool that you lived in Japan for so much of your life! I do Bonsai, which is a Japanese art form.

    I really love how your personal experiences shape what you want to do after you graduate college! Your goals are really inspiring and your career choice is really important.

    I look forward to getting to know you more in class and reading your future blog posts!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Lexi, I love reading your post. I think it's great you are majoring in elementary education. I feel the way your post is set up says a lot about your bubbly personality and it's so fitting. I also think it's amazing you lived in Japan. I hope to go there one day. I look forward to reading more of your blogs soon

    ReplyDelete

Blog Journal 10

     Assignment 5 has been my favorite project in EME2040 to work on so far! It was such a creatively challenging project. I chose to create...